There are so many simple things you can do to enhance your health that don’t require money or a trip to the doctor.
Healthy people make more healthy choices each day than unhealthy people. Your health isn’t entirely under your control, but you still have a lot of influence on the matter. Simple habits, repeated consistently, can profoundly impact your health in a positive way.
Use these strategies each day and reap the healthy benefits:
1. Be active. Active people are healthier and live longer. That doesn’t mean you have to spend all day at the gym. It just means that you can’t spend all day sitting around. Get moving—your body will be so glad you did!
Have some activities planned each week that require you to think and move. For example: Plant a garden, volunteer, walk around the park, learn to roller skate, or take a dance class.
2. Drink more water. Too many people fail to drink enough water each day. There are a lot of options more exciting than water, but water is what your body requires. Over half of your body weight is water, so drink more of it and skip the other beverages 90% of the time.
Some healthy options, such as green tea and watery fruits like watermelon, will help hydrate you as well.
3. Get sufficient sleep. In a society that prides itself on working harder and getting less sleep than the next person, it can be challenging to make sleep a priority. However, getting enough sleep—7 to 9 hours for most adults—will strengthen your health.
4. Manage stress. Stress is one of the primary obstacles of good health. It detracts from the amount and the quality of your sleep. The hormones and other chemicals produced during stress are damaging to the mind and body.
Find relaxation practices that work for you and use them each day. Healthy options include meditation, listening to soothing music, partaking in hobbies that make you happy, and warm baths.
5. Eat real food. Real food is anything you can buy and consume in its natural state. Fruit, vegetables, nuts, and beans are examples of natural foods. Eat what your body was designed to eat, and you’ll be much healthier.
Cookies, chips, cereal, candy and other processed foods are full of chemicals that are detrimental to your health.
6. Drop unhealthy habits. Your health isn’t just influenced by doing the right things—it’s negatively impacted by unhealthy habits. Smoking, overeating, staying up too late, drinking, and eating a low-quality diet are a few examples of bad habits that can harm your health.
You don’t have to exercise for hours to be a healthy person. Do the simple and relevant things religiously and good things are bound to happen.
Please, share your thoughts in the comments section below. You never know, Queen, the things you say may help others. Don't forget to share this post!