Your self-concept is your perception of yourself. Your self-esteem is a measure of how happy you are with yourself. By increasing one, you can increase the other. Today, we’ll look at building your self-esteem.
It’s much easier to present ourselves authentically to others when we feel good about ourselves.
How to give your self-esteem a boost and think more highly of yourself:
1. Guarantee success by starting small. Success breeds confidence and self-esteem. Create small successes in your life. Drink water instead of soda at lunch. Pay all of your bills on time this month. Any little thing that would make you feel good about yourself is a great place to start.
2. Do something that frightens you. Afraid of dogs? Make a visit to the dog kennel. Afraid of public speaking? Tell a story to several friends simultaneously. Prove to yourself that you can stretch yourself beyond your current comfort zone because you can’t grow in your comfort zone.
3. Show off your strengths. Are you a great dancer? Sign up for a dance class. Get out there and show off your skills, Queen. It feels good to do something that you do well, so remind yourself of how skilled and competent you can be. This will boost your confidence and sense of self-esteem. Plus, who doesn’t want to show off a little here and there?
4. Do something for others. When you help someone else, you feel good about yourself. Do something for someone else, and you’ll show yourself that you’re a good person.
5. Eat a healthier diet. When you eat poorly, you don’t feel good. You don’t know how bad you feel because you’re just used to it. Your mood and outlook on life will improve as soon as you improve your diet. When you eat right, you can think right.
6. Avoid comparisons. There are a lot of people in the world, but there’s only one you. There is no one more amazing, more beautiful, more powerful than you. Now, it’s your job to see that and love that and breathe that. Notice the progress you’re making in your life, Queen. You’re doing amazing!
7. Fill your mind with uplifting information. There are plenty of workshops, music, and books with a positive message. With positive information entering your brain on a regular basis, you’ll be happier with life and yourself.
8. Observe your thoughts. If you pay attention to your thoughts, you’ll be both amazed and horrified. It’s amazing how your mind jumps around to different topics and the crazy things it says.
9. Create a list of affirmations. Whenever your mind is idle, repeat a few affirmations to yourself. When you’re not busy, your mind will start yapping, so take control and keep it positive.
10. Remember your greatness. You’ve accomplished some pretty impressive things, Queen. Make a list of everything you’ve managed to do in your life up to this point. It’s easy to forget how far you’ve come when you’re in the moment, so make a list and review it often.
11. Learn something new. Children are so proud of themselves when they learn something new. It might not be as obvious to us as adults, but we experience the same thing. Learn how to bake a cake from scratch or how to salsa dance. What interests you? Queens Healing Queens believes in always being a life-long learner, so try to learn a new skill each month.
12. Exercise. Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. It prevents health problems, builds strength, boosts energy, and can help you reduce stress. Adding exercise to your routine will positively affect your life.
13. Introduce yourself to someone new. Begin to eliminate any shyness you may have, Queen, and possibly make a new friend. Everyone fears strangers to some extent, but if you minimize yours, you’ll feel a lot more confident and pleased with yourself.
Everyone can benefit from a little more self-esteem. When you think more highly of yourself, you’re in a better position to change your self-concept and your life. Think of more ways you can boost your self-esteem and apply these concepts every day.
“A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time-to-time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.”
Here’s what you need to do today:
Make one small, positive change to your daily routine starting today, Queen. Keep it simple and see how much your life opens up. You’ll boost your self-esteem and guarantee your improvement by continuing to perform this small change every day until it becomes a habit.
Affirmation: I Increase My Self-Esteem by Focusing on My Positive Qualities
Affirmation: My Self-Esteem Comes from Acknowledging Every Achievement
Read: Understanding & Overcoming Low Self-Esteem
Please, share your thoughts in the comments section below. You never know, Queen, the things you say may help others. And, don't forget to share this post!